CAREER MANAGEMENT OFFICE
The Career Management Office (CMO) is headed by a Federal Permanent Secretary. The Office is currently made up of four Departments, namely: Employee Mobility (EM) Department; Performance Management Department (PMD); Employee Relations and Welfare Department (ER & WD) and Learning and Development Department (L&D)
The Career Management Office (CMO) is responsible for managing the career of officers in the pool of the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation. The office also liaises with the Federal Civil Service Commission on matters of Appointment, Promotion and Discipline.
To manage the careers of officers in the Federal Public Service with a view to achieving optimal utilization of human resource and providing efficient and effective service delivery. also to provide systems, tools and policies to build a professionally competent and well-motivated workforce for effective, efficient and accountable service delivery.
- Control and management of careers of the Pool Officers such as Administrative Officers, Executive Officers, Librarians and Library Officers, Confidential Secretaries, Store Officers and Stock Verifiers, Computer Engineers, Programmers and Analysts, Data Processing Officers and Procurement Officers. Efforts are on top gear to bring Engineers into the Pool
- Management of careers of all Professional Officers in the Federal Civil Service on Salary Grade Level 14 and above through the relevant MDAs
- Co-ordination of activities in relation to Civil Service matters of Federal Ministries and Extra-Ministerial Departments
- Liaison with Parastatals on Public Service matters
- Providing Secretariat support on the appointment of Permanent Secretaries and the weekly meeting of the Federal Service Management Committee
- Provision of staff to newly established Commission and Extra-Ministerial Departments
- Any matter that may be assigned by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
Lead the design, implementation and communications of programmes, systems and strategies to:
- Maximize employee and workforce performance and engagement;
- Build a competent workforce;
- Develop HR management competencies of the FCS.
Programmes & Systems we Deliver:
- Performance Management;
- Learning and Development;
- Employee Mobility;
- Employee Wellbeing; and
- Staff Records and Benefits Administration.